FHA Down Payment Grants for 2024
Mortgage Assistance for Homebuyers in Texas
The Southeast Texas Housing Finance Corporation (SETH) offers Texas residents the 5 Star Texas Advantage Program, which helps eligible applicants with down payment and closing cost assistance in the form of a grant.
The Austin Down Payment Assistance Program helps low-income families purchase their first home by offering up to $40,000 in assistance funds, to help cover the upfront costs of a mortgage.
In order to help more residents purchase their first homes in Harris County, the Community Services Department offers eligible applicants help with its Down Payment Assistance Program.
Homeownership Across Texas grants 5 percent of the loan amount with VA, FHA, or USDA financed loans. Borrowers with conventional loans receive 3 percent grants. Grants do not come with any repayment or recapture period, nor is there a first-time homebuyer requirement.
This initiative provides teachers, police and correctional officers, fire fighters and EMS personnel, and veterans with down payment assistance between 3 and 5 percent of the loan amount and a 30-year fixed rate mortgage with several rates and loan options.
Along with a competitive, fixed interest, 30-year home loan, the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs offers the My First Texas Home Taxable Mortgage Program (TMP) offers down payment and closing cost assistance of up to 5 percent of the mortgage loan.
This program is designed for homebuyers to purchase a home anywhere in Travis County, including the City of Austin, by helping them overcome the obstacle of down payment costs. A grant of up to 6% percent of the loan amount is applied towards the down payment or closing costs.
Down payment assistance programs and/or grants were researched by the team at FHA.com. Please note that all programs listed on this website may involve a second mortgage with payments that are forgiven, deferred, or subsidized in some manner until resale of the mortgaged property.
FHA.com's compilation is not a complete list, but it can serve as a starting point in your search for the down payment assistance program or grant for your situation. It is up to the consumer to contact these entities and find out the specifics of each program.
Do you know what's on your credit report?
Learn what your score means.
FHA Down Payment Programs Near You
- CalHFA My Home Assistance Program
- Brentwood Down Payment Assistance Program
- Emeryville First Time Homebuyer Loan Program
- GSFA Platinum Program
- San Diego County Down Payment / CalHome Program
- Monterey County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Santa Ana Downpayment Assistance Program
- Los Angeles County Affordable Homeownership Program
- Orange County Housing and Development Mortgage Assistance Program
- Broward County Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program
- Orange County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Hardest Hit Fund Down Payment Assistance
- Escambia County Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
- Palm Bay HOME Down Payment Assistance Program
- Home Sweet Home Hillsborough Program
- Lee County FirstPlus Program
- Home Ownership Program
- HFA Miami-Dade Mortgage Program
- Home Key Plus 2nd Mortgage
- Head Start To HOME Ownership Program
- Homebuyer Dream Program®
- Albany County Rural Housing Alliance Acquisition Grant
- City of Albany Home Acquisition Program (HAP)
- Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance
- First Time Home Buyer’s Program
- NY State Association of Realtors Housing Opportunities Foundation
- Rensselaer County Homebuyer Program
- State of New York Mortgage Agency Down Payment Assistance Loan
- Tacoma Down Payment Assistance Program
- Seattle Downpayment Assistance Program
- Pierce County Downpayment Assistance Program
- Opportunity Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- Veterans Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- Home Advantage Down Payment Assistance Loan Program
- HomeChoice Down Payment Assistance Program
- Bellingham Downpayment Assistance
- ARCH East King County Downpayment Assistance Loan