FHA Down Payment Grants for 2024
Mortgage Assistance for Homebuyers in New York
The ACRHA grant comes in the form of a forgivable loan, which is meant to assist with purchase and repair of a home. 51 percent of the grant must be used for rehabilitation/repair of the purchased home while the other 49 percent must be used for down payment and/or closing costs.
The City of Albany offers to its residents the Home Acquisition Program (HAP). It provides financial assistance to low income households with low annual incomes. Funds can be put towards the down payment and closing costs of the home for a first-time homebuyer who resides in the property being purchased.
This program is in the form of a second mortgage and provides eligible applicants with a loan of up to 10 percent of the purchase price of the property in order to meet the down payment requirements. The loan has an interest rate of 4 percent with a 5-year term.
The Homebuyer Incentive Program (HIP) grants assistance of $15,000 and $20,000 to income- eligible applicants, in order to promote homeownership in Troy for low income homebuyers. Troy Rehabilitation and Improvement Program requires that all applicants must be first time homebuyers.
With the Federal Home Loan Bank of New York's Homebuyer Dream Program, participants can obtain a grant up to a $9,500 towards down payment and closing cost assistance to eligible first-time home buyers purchasing a home through one of their approved community- member lenders. Additionally, the program offers up to $500 towards the defrayment of homeownership counseling costs.
New York State’s NYSAR Housing Opportunities Foundation, Inc. offers qualifying homebuyers the opportunity to receive a grant, which is designed to assist with closing costs and/or down payments. The Housing Opportunities Foundation Individual Grant Program is in the form of a gift . Repayment is not required.
The Troy Homebuyer Incentive Program (HIP) makes funds available for down payment and/or closing cost assistance, via the Rensselaer Country Homebuyer Program.
The State of New York Mortgage Agency (SONYMA) Down Payment Assistance Loan (DPAL), which is available for all buyers using a SONYMA mortgage program, can provide the initial funding needed to purchase a home.
Down payment assistance programs and/or grants were researched by the team at FHA.com. Please note that all programs listed on this website may involve a second mortgage with payments that are forgiven, deferred, or subsidized in some manner until resale of the mortgaged property.
FHA.com's compilation is not a complete list, but it can serve as a starting point in your search for the down payment assistance program or grant for your situation. It is up to the consumer to contact these entities and find out the specifics of each program.
Do you know what's on your credit report?
Learn what your score means.
FHA Down Payment Programs Near You
- CalHFA My Home Assistance Program
- Brentwood Down Payment Assistance Program
- Emeryville First Time Homebuyer Loan Program
- GSFA Platinum Program
- San Diego County Down Payment / CalHome Program
- Monterey County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Santa Ana Downpayment Assistance Program
- Los Angeles County Affordable Homeownership Program
- Orange County Housing and Development Mortgage Assistance Program
- Broward County Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program
- Orange County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Hardest Hit Fund Down Payment Assistance
- Escambia County Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
- Palm Bay HOME Down Payment Assistance Program
- Home Sweet Home Hillsborough Program
- Lee County FirstPlus Program
- Home Ownership Program
- HFA Miami-Dade Mortgage Program
- Home Key Plus 2nd Mortgage
- Head Start To HOME Ownership Program
- Homebuyer Dream Program®
- Albany County Rural Housing Alliance Acquisition Grant
- City of Albany Home Acquisition Program (HAP)
- Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance
- First Time Home Buyer’s Program
- NY State Association of Realtors Housing Opportunities Foundation
- Rensselaer County Homebuyer Program
- State of New York Mortgage Agency Down Payment Assistance Loan
- Tacoma Down Payment Assistance Program
- Seattle Downpayment Assistance Program
- Pierce County Downpayment Assistance Program
- Opportunity Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- Veterans Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- Home Advantage Down Payment Assistance Loan Program
- HomeChoice Down Payment Assistance Program
- Bellingham Downpayment Assistance
- ARCH East King County Downpayment Assistance Loan