FHA Down Payment Grants for 2024
Mortgage Assistance for Homebuyers in Illinois
1stHomeIllinois is designed to help first-time homebuyers and veterans purchase. In addition to a 30-year fixed rate mortgage, applicants can receive a $7,500 down payment assistance grant.
Alton’s Homeownership Program was established to boost homeownership in the city by offering down payment and closing cost assistance to income-eligible homebuyers.
Chicago's City Council established the Community Connections Home Buyer Assistance Program, which is designed to help its residents purchase their home by providing financial assistance for the down payment and closing costs.
With their Downpayment Plus Programs, the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago offers its members easy-to-access down payment and closing cost assistance programs for low- and moderate-income homebuyers.
Madison County in Illinois aims to increase home ownership in the area with the HOMEbuyer Program. This provides funds for down payment and closing costs to eligible individuals who can afford monthly mortgage payments, but not the hefty, upfront costs.
The City of Joliet, Illinois established the Joliet Down Payment Assistance Program, which is designed to help low-income applicants with down payment assistance to purchase their home.
In an effort to help individuals achieve their dreams of homeownership, the Kane-Elgin HOME Consortium has funded the First-Time Homebuyer Program which comes with the Kane County Down Payment Assistance Program.
The Town of Normal, Illinois offers the Homebuyer’s Down Payment Assistance Program, which is funded by the Community Development Block Grant program and covers a portion of the down payment for eligible applicants.
The Village of Romeoville offers residents the Homebuyer Assistance Program, also known as the Assist Program. It provides potential homebuyers with the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) program, as well as funds to pay all or most of their closing costs and the down payment.
Down payment assistance programs and/or grants were researched by the team at FHA.com. Please note that all programs listed on this website may involve a second mortgage with payments that are forgiven, deferred, or subsidized in some manner until resale of the mortgaged property.
FHA.com's compilation is not a complete list, but it can serve as a starting point in your search for the down payment assistance program or grant for your situation. It is up to the consumer to contact these entities and find out the specifics of each program.
Do you know what's on your credit report?
Learn what your score means.
FHA Down Payment Programs Near You
- CalHFA My Home Assistance Program
- Brentwood Down Payment Assistance Program
- Emeryville First Time Homebuyer Loan Program
- GSFA Platinum Program
- San Diego County Down Payment / CalHome Program
- Monterey County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Santa Ana Downpayment Assistance Program
- Los Angeles County Affordable Homeownership Program
- Orange County Housing and Development Mortgage Assistance Program
- Broward County Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program
- Orange County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Hardest Hit Fund Down Payment Assistance
- Escambia County Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
- Palm Bay HOME Down Payment Assistance Program
- Home Sweet Home Hillsborough Program
- Lee County FirstPlus Program
- Home Ownership Program
- HFA Miami-Dade Mortgage Program
- Home Key Plus 2nd Mortgage
- Head Start To HOME Ownership Program
- Homebuyer Dream Program®
- Albany County Rural Housing Alliance Acquisition Grant
- City of Albany Home Acquisition Program (HAP)
- Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance
- First Time Home Buyer’s Program
- NY State Association of Realtors Housing Opportunities Foundation
- Rensselaer County Homebuyer Program
- State of New York Mortgage Agency Down Payment Assistance Loan
- Tacoma Down Payment Assistance Program
- Seattle Downpayment Assistance Program
- Pierce County Downpayment Assistance Program
- Opportunity Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- Veterans Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- Home Advantage Down Payment Assistance Loan Program
- HomeChoice Down Payment Assistance Program
- Bellingham Downpayment Assistance
- ARCH East King County Downpayment Assistance Loan