FHA Down Payment Grants for 2024
Mortgage Assistance for Homebuyers in Louisiana
The First-time Homebuyers Assistance Program, established and administered by the City of Kenner Department of Community Development, is designed to provide financial assistance to low, moderate, and median income households trying to purchase a home in the City of Kenner.
The Expand to Homeownership Program assists homebuyers in New Orleans with the upfront down payment and closing costs when purchasing a home. Repayment is not required if you, the borrower, occupy the home as your primary residence.
The Louisiana Housing Corporation offers residents the LHC Preferred Conventional Program, which offers favorable terms when compared to FHA loans. Additionally, the program provides up to 4% assistance for a down payment, closing costs, and/or prepaid items.
The Louisiana Housing Corporation offers the Market Rate GNMA Program in order to assist residents make the upfront costs of buying a home. Along with a 30-year, fixed rate FHA, VA or USDA Rural Development loan, the program offers homebuyers up to 4 percent assistance for down payment, closing costs, and/or prepaid items.
With the City of Shreveport’s Home Buyers Assistance Program Participation Initiative (HAPPI), first-time homebuyers can access down payment, buy down, and closing cost assistance through participating local lenders.
With the Southern Mortgage Assistance Program, The Jefferson Parish Finance Authority offers residents a 30-year fixed rate mortgage with a Down Payment Assistance (DPA) Grant. The assistance covers either 3 or 4 percent of the loan amount for borrowers.
Down payment assistance programs and/or grants were researched by the team at FHA.com. Please note that all programs listed on this website may involve a second mortgage with payments that are forgiven, deferred, or subsidized in some manner until resale of the mortgaged property.
FHA.com's compilation is not a complete list, but it can serve as a starting point in your search for the down payment assistance program or grant for your situation. It is up to the consumer to contact these entities and find out the specifics of each program.
Do you know what's on your credit report?
Learn what your score means.
FHA Down Payment Programs Near You
- CalHFA My Home Assistance Program
- Brentwood Down Payment Assistance Program
- Emeryville First Time Homebuyer Loan Program
- GSFA Platinum Program
- San Diego County Down Payment / CalHome Program
- Monterey County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Santa Ana Downpayment Assistance Program
- Los Angeles County Affordable Homeownership Program
- Orange County Housing and Development Mortgage Assistance Program
- Broward County Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program
- Orange County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Hardest Hit Fund Down Payment Assistance
- Escambia County Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
- Palm Bay HOME Down Payment Assistance Program
- Home Sweet Home Hillsborough Program
- Lee County FirstPlus Program
- Home Ownership Program
- HFA Miami-Dade Mortgage Program
- Home Key Plus 2nd Mortgage
- Head Start To HOME Ownership Program
- Homebuyer Dream Program®
- Albany County Rural Housing Alliance Acquisition Grant
- City of Albany Home Acquisition Program (HAP)
- Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance
- First Time Home Buyer’s Program
- NY State Association of Realtors Housing Opportunities Foundation
- Rensselaer County Homebuyer Program
- State of New York Mortgage Agency Down Payment Assistance Loan
- Tacoma Down Payment Assistance Program
- Seattle Downpayment Assistance Program
- Pierce County Downpayment Assistance Program
- Opportunity Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- Veterans Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- Home Advantage Down Payment Assistance Loan Program
- HomeChoice Down Payment Assistance Program
- Bellingham Downpayment Assistance
- ARCH East King County Downpayment Assistance Loan